Instructions for the Okidata C5500, C5800, C6100 Replace Fuser Message
Like most these Okidata Color machines thee 43363201 fusing assembly is rated at around 60,000 prints. This can depend slightly on the size of paper used. The machine will come up and give you a warning that the fuser life is about up then eventually, when the life is up the machine will stop working and give you a replace fuser message. The fusing assemblies have a fuse in them that blows the first time you turn on the unit. Therefore it is important to only install a new fuser when you plan on replacing it. If you put in a used fuser to take care of the replace fuser message, it will not go away because the fuse in the used fuser has already been blown.
Okidata C5500, C5800, C6100 Replace Fuser Procedure
1. Press the cover release and fully open the printer top cover. If you do not get the lid fully opened you will have problems removing the fusing assembly as it is in the very back on the print cavity.
2. Pull the two blue fuser lock levers towards the front of the printer.
3. Hold the fuser by its handle. Lift the fuser out of the printer. If the fuser is still warm, place it on a flat surface which will not be damaged by heat. After letting the fuser cool down, discard it.
4. Remove the new fuser from its packaging. Remove any packing tape.
5. Push the orange transport lock to the left to release it. You’ll hear it snap. Remove it.
6. Hold the new fuser by the handle. The fuser pressure release lever should be on the right. Lower the fuser into the printer.
7. Push the two blue retaining levers (1) toward the rear of the printer to lock the fuser in place
8. Close and latch the top cover.