Diagnostic Aids for the Brother MFC / DCP 9440, 9040, 9045, 9840 Print Unable 69 Message
The Print Unable 69 Message is related to a low temperature reading on the side thermistor in the fusing unit. The thermistors ride on the surface of the fusing unit hot roller. They help regulate if the fuser needs to heat up or cool down. If the fusing unit reads a low state for “X” of seconds then you get a low fuser error message. In theory if you turn the machine off then back on or wait 15 minutes then it should restart as normal. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. In most situations you might need to manually reset the message. Below is some troubleshooting tips for the print unable 69 message along with links to manually reset the message and fusing assembly replacement if needed.
Troubleshooting the Print Unable 69 Message
1 Turn the machine off then back on.
2. Unplug the machine and let it sit 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Verify the machine is plugged straight into a wall outlet and not on a surge arrest or power strip with multiple devices.
4. Perform manual reset in Maintenance Mode.
Fuser Error Message Manual Reset â€“ Brother 9440, 9450, 9840, 9040, 9045
5. Check the thermistors for dirt build up. Check connectors and replace the fusing assembly if needed.
6. Replace the Power Supply Board.
6. Replace the Engine Control Board.
Click on the link below for Fuser Removal instructions.
Brother 9440, 9450, 9840, 9040, 9045 Fuser Removal Instructions
Click on the link below for additional buying options and information.
Genuine OEM Brother Fuser Assembly Unit 110V for Color Laser Printer All-in-one DCP-9040CN, DCP-9045CDN HL-4040CDN HL-4040CN HL-4070CDW MFC-9440CN MFC-9450CDN MFC-9840CDW