Diagnostic Aids for the Fuser Error Message on the Brother 9010, 9120, and 9320 LED Color Machines
The fuser error message is a general error message. Most times if you turn the machine off then back on it will give you either a Self – Diagnostic message and tell you to wait 15 minutes for the machine to reset or it will give you a specific error message like print unable 6a, 78, or 6b message. Unfortunately, these Fuser Error messages never go away unless you put the machine into Maintenance Mode and manually reset the machine. Below I’ve listed a few steps you can do to try to resolve the problem without the reset procedure along with a links to the reset and fuser removal procedure if you determine that is one of the next options you need to take.
Brother Part# LU5796001 Fuser Fixing Unit (OEM)
1. Turn the machine off then back on or turn the machine off and unplug it for 15 to 30 minutes then turn it back on and try again.
2. Check and make sure the machine is plugged straight into a wall outlet and not on a power strip. Also, make sure no other larger devices like copiers, space heaters, and other heating devices are not on the same circuit.
3. Perform the Manual Reset Procedure found in the link below.
4. Remove and reseat the fusing assembly.
5. Replace the fusing assembly.
Note : Fuser Error messages do not typically go away on their own. Anytime you reset a Fuser Error message and the message appears again after trying a troubleshooting step the message will need to be reset again.
Click on the link below for additional buying options and information.