Diagnostic Aids for the Brother Print Unable 6A Message on the 9010, 9120, and 9320 Machines
The Brother Print Unable 6A Message is a result of the fusing assembly center thermistor not reaching 60 decrees Celsius within the specified time. Typically when you get a fuser error and you reboot the machine and you will get the Self – Diagnostic error followed by the more exact error of the Print Unable 6A Message. More often than not this is a false error code. When the machine gets a fuser error the machine doesn’t usually restore power to the fusing assembly until you enter Maintenance Mode and manually reset the message. Do to that fact the print unable message comes up because this is the first possible error generated as the machine attempts to power up the fusing assembly.
Most times fusing assembly errors are a result of sudden power outages or other minor issues. Due to the fact the fusing assembly heats up to around 350 decrees Brother as most manufactures think it’s important to shut the machine down for a brief amount of time before powering back on. Unfortunately, in Brother models they tend not to reset the message as designed so you will have to enter Maintenance Mode and manually reset on its own.
Brother Part# LU5796001 Fuser Fixing Unit (OEM)
Troubleshooting the Brother Print Unable 6A Message
1. Turn the machine off then back on. Leave the machine off for 15 to 30 minutes then try again.
2. Verify the machines is plugged straight into a wall outlet, not a power strip, not a battery backup, and make sure there is no other large heating devices on the same circuit.
3. Remove and reseat the fusing assembly connectors.
4. Perform a Fuser Error manual reset described in the link below.
5. Replace the fusing assembly. Click on the link below for removal instructions.
Click on the link below for additional buying options and information.
Brother DCP / MFC 9010, 9120, 9320 OEM Fuser Unit – LU5796001