Ricoh Fax 4430NF, 4430L PCU Drum Replacement Routine
Down further there is the Ricoh Fax 4430NF, 4430L PCU Drum Replacement Pointers. The good news is that this particular PCU is somewhat low-cost. Moreover, it also includes lots of image development steps. And thus, your not getting stuck switching a a great deal of materials. Consequently, if you might have an image circumstance, you don’t dispense significant amounts of time questioning which area is leading to the issue if you don’t have a significant amount of experience trouble shooting products.
These Drums are stated at within 45,000 prints and copies. Routinely you should get a Replace PCU message when it is time to replace the unit.
The PCU consists of the OPC drum, charge roller, development unit, and cleaning components. Observe the following precautions when handling the PCU.
1. Never touch the drum surface with bare hands. If the drum surface is dirty or if you have accidentally touched it, wipe it with a dry cloth, or clean it with wet cotton and then wipe it dry with a cloth.
2. Never use alcohol to clean the drum. Alcohol will dissolve the drum surface.
3. Store the PCU in a cool dry place.
4. Do not expose the drum to corrosive gases (ammonia, etc.). 5. Do not shake a used PCU, as this may cause toner and developer to spill out.
Ricoh Fax 4430NF, 4430L PCU Drum Removal Methods
1. Open the right door.
Observation: Do not forget to open the right door. The PCU may become stuck if you try to remove it while the front door is closed.
2. Open the front door.
3. Remove the toner bottle holder or THM.
;”>Observation: If working on a toner-bottle model, clean away all spilled toner from the toner bottle area and from the inside of the front door.
4. Detach the connector [A] and pull out the PCU [B].
;”>Please note: 1) After installing the latest PCU, be sure to get rid of the Styrofoam item and to pull off the two tags.
3) Eliminate the foam cushion [A] and pull the tabbed strips [B] all the way out of the PCU. Then close the front door.
2) The machine will completely on its own detect the newer PCU and initialize toner initialization.
You may not have to turn off the PM Alert Message. The PM level may be specified to 45,000. On the other hand, a lot of people have turned them off at this time or haven’t got them set in place this low.
After finishing PM, clear away the PM counter as follows.
1. Enter SP mode 7-804.
2. Hold down the Original Type key and click the OK key (or ! key) to reset to zero the counter. If the reset is good, the control panel presents Action completed. If the adjustment breaks down, the control panel indicates Error!!!