Ricoh Fax 4420NF, 4420L PCU Drum Replacement Approach
Directly below there’s the Ricoh Fax 4420NF, 4420L PCU Drum Replacement Info. The good news is that this particular PCU is relatively reasonable. Additionally, it incorporates nearly all image conception equipment. Which means that, your not getting stuck buying a wide range of equipment. As a consequence, if you might have an image trouble, you don’t devote a whole lot of time questioning which portion is responsible for the condition if you don’t have a good deal of expertise trouble shooting products.
These Drums are detailed at somewhere around 45,000 prints and copies. Ordinarily you may get a Replace PCU message when it is time to replace the unit.
The PCU consists of the OPC drum, charge roller, development unit, and cleaning components. Observe the following precautions when handling the PCU.
1. Never touch the drum surface with bare hands. If the drum surface is dirty or if you have accidentally touched it, wipe it with a dry cloth, or clean it with wet cotton and then wipe it dry with a cloth.
2. Never use alcohol to clean the drum. Alcohol will dissolve the drum surface.
3. Store the PCU in a cool dry place.
4. Do not expose the drum to corrosive gases (ammonia, etc.).
5. Do not shake a used PCU, as this may cause toner and developer to spill out.
Ricoh Fax 4420NF, 4420L PCU Drum Removal Plan
1. Open the right door.
Pay attention: Do not forget to open the right door. The PCU may become stuck if you try to remove it while the front door is closed.
2. Open the front door.
3. Remove the toner bottle holder or THM.
;”>Important: If working on a toner-bottle model, clean away all spilled toner from the toner bottle area and from the inside of the front door.
4. Detach the connector [A] and pull out the PCU [B]. ;”>Keep in mind: 1) After the installation of the new PCU, be sure to remove the Styrofoam component and to pull off the two tags.
3) Take the foam cushion [A] and pull the tabbed strips [B] all the way out of the PCU. Then close the front door.
2) The machine will without your help detect the brand new PCU and begins toner initialization.
You might not have to switch off the PM Alert Message. The PM level might possibly be predetermined to 45,000. Although, a lot of people have turned them off nowadays or might not have them set up this low.
After finishing PM, clear the PM counter as follows.
1. Access SP mode 7-804.
2. Hold down the Original Type key and click on the OK key (or ! key) to reset the counter. If the reset is productive, the display shows Action completed. If the adjustment doesn’t work out, the display screen depicts Error!!!