Ricoh Fax 3320L, 3310LE, 3310L PCU Drum Replacement Technique
Further down you will discover the Ricoh Fax 3320L, 3310LE, 3310L PCU Drum Replacement Information. The good news is that this PCU is relatively affordable. Simultaneously, it also includes most of the image formation elements. Due to this fact, your not caught up replacing a massive amount of devices. Because of this, if you may have an image dysfunction, you tend not to waste significant amounts of time guessing which component is resulting in the problem if you don’t have a substantial amount of understanding troubleshooting equipment.
These Drums are scored at about 45,000 pages. Often you will receive a Replace PCU message when it is time to replace the unit.
The PCU consists of the OPC drum, charge roller, development unit, and cleaning components. Observe the following precautions when handling the PCU.
1. Never touch the drum surface with bare hands. If the drum surface is dirty or if you have accidentally touched it, wipe it with a dry cloth, or clean it with wet cotton and then wipe it dry with a cloth.
2. Never use alcohol to clean the drum. Alcohol will dissolve the drum surface.
3. Store the PCU in a cool dry place.
4. Do not expose the drum to corrosive gases (ammonia, etc.).
5. Do not shake a used PCU, as this may cause toner and developer to spill out.
Ricoh Fax 3320L, 3310LE, 3310L PCU Drum Removal Approach
1. Open the right door.
NOTE: Do not forget to open the right door. The PCU may become stuck if you try to remove it while the front door is closed.
2. Open the front door.
3. Remove the toner bottle holder or THM.
;”>Observation: If working on a toner-bottle model, clean away all spilled toner from the toner bottle area and from the inside of the front door.
4. Detach the connector [A] and pull out the PCU [B].
;”>Notice: 1) After putting in the new PCU, be certain to get rid of the Styrofoam fragment and to pull off the two tags.
3) Remove the foam cushion [A] and pull the tabbed strips [B] all the way out of the PCU. Then close the front door.
2) The machine will routinely detect the newly purchased PCU and commence with toner initialization.
You might not have to turn off the PM Alert Message. The PM level may be set up to 45,000. Though, a lot of people have turned them off these days or would not have them defined this low.
After completing PM, remove the PM counter as follows.
1. Obtain access to SP mode 7-804.
2. Hold down the Original Type key and tap the OK key (or ! key) to reset to zero the counter. If the reset is good, the control panel exhibits Action completed. If the reset does not work, the control panel presents Error!!!