Ricoh Aficio 120 PCU Drum Replacement Procedures
Directly below there is the Ricoh Aficio 120 PCU Drum Replacement Information. The good news is that the PCU is reasonably very affordable. Furthermore, it consist of lots of the image production roles. Due to this fact, your not caught changing a good deal of items. That is why, if you’ve got an image crisis, you really don’t devote significant amounts of time speculating which portion is responsible for the condition if you don’t have a lot of understanding troubleshooting devices.
These Drums are posted at somewhere around 45,000 prints and copies. Quite often you might get a Replace PCU message when it is time to replace the unit.
The PCU consists of the OPC drum, charge roller, development unit, and cleaning components. Observe the following precautions when handling the PCU.
1. Never touch the drum surface with bare hands. If the drum surface is dirty or if you have accidentally touched it, wipe it with a dry cloth, or clean it with wet cotton and then wipe it dry with a cloth.
2. Never use alcohol to clean the drum. Alcohol will dissolve the drum surface.
3. Store the PCU in a cool dry place.
4. Do not expose the drum to corrosive gases (ammonia, etc.).
5. Do not shake a used PCU, as this may cause toner and developer to spill out.
Ricoh Aficio 120 PCU Drum Removal Technique
1. Open the right door.
Keep in mind: Do not forget to open the right door. The PCU may become stuck if you try to remove it while the front door is closed.
2. Open the front door.
3. Remove the toner bottle holder or THM.
;”>Pay attention: If working on a toner-bottle model, clean away all spilled toner from the toner bottle area and from the inside of the front door.
4. Detach the connector [A] and pull out the PCU [B].
;”>Please note: 1) After installing the replacement PCU, be certain to take away the Styrofoam piece and to pull off the two tags.
3) Eliminate the foam cushion [A] and pull the tabbed strips [B] all the way out of the PCU. Then close the front door.
2) The machine will actually detect the replacement PCU and commence with toner initialization.
You might not have to flip off the PM Alert Message. The PM level may perhaps be predetermined to 45,000. However, a lot of people have switched them off at this time or will not have them set up this low.
After finalizing PM, get rid of the PM counter as follows.
1. Access SP mode 7-804.
2. Hold down the Original Type key and push the OK key (or ! key) to totally reset the counter. If the adjust is productive, the control panel presents Action completed. If the reset falters, the control panel indicates Error!!!