Ricoh Aficio 1013F, 1013 PCU Drum Replacement Solution
In the following paragraphs you’ll find the Ricoh Aficio 1013F, 1013 PCU Drum Replacement Advice. The good news is that this PCU is somewhat low cost. Also, it is made of lots of image development components. Hence, your not cornered purchasing a great deal of components. And thus, if you may have an image difficulty, you really don’t throw away a considerable amount of time guessing which element is making the malfunction if you don’t have a lots of understanding troubleshooting equipment. These Drums are posted at in the vicinity of 45,000 prints and copies. Customarily you might get a Replace PCU message when it is time to replace the unit.
The PCU consists of the OPC drum, charge roller, development unit, and cleaning components. Observe the following precautions when handling the PCU.
1. Never touch the drum surface with bare hands. If the drum surface is dirty or if you have accidentally touched it, wipe it with a dry cloth, or clean it with wet cotton and then wipe it dry with a cloth.
2. Never use alcohol to clean the drum. Alcohol will dissolve the drum surface.
3. Store the PCU in a cool dry place.
4. Do not expose the drum to corrosive gases (ammonia, etc.).
5. Do not shake a used PCU, as this may cause toner and developer to spill out.
Ricoh Aficio 1013F, 1013 PCU Drum Removal Method
1. Open the right door.
Please note: Do not forget to open the right door. The PCU may become stuck if you try to remove it while the front door is closed.
2. Open the front door.
3. Remove the toner bottle holder or THM.
;”>Pay attention: If working on a toner-bottle model, clean away all spilled toner from the toner bottle area and from the inside of the front door.
4. Detach the connector [A] and pull out the PCU [B].
;”>Important: 1) After the installation of the brand new PCU, be certain to take off the Styrofoam section and to pull off the two tags.
3) Take the foam cushion [A] and pull the tabbed strips [B] all the way out of the PCU. Then close the front door.
2) The machine will without your help detect the new PCU and commence with toner initialization.
You may not have to turn off the PM Alert Message. The PM level may be arranged to 45,000. However, a lot of people have switched them off at this point or wouldn’t have them placed this low.
After completing PM, eliminate the PM counter as follows.
1. Gain access to SP mode 7-804.
2. Hold down the Original Type key and tap the OK key (or ! key) to totally reset the counter. If the reset is successful, the display screen confirms Action completed. If the reset does not work properly, the display exposes Error!!!