50.1 fuser error – HP Color Laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800, and CP3505
Probably the most common fuser issue that arises on any HP color laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800, and CP3505 printer is the 50.1 fuser error. The error is a result of the machine reading a low fuser temperature. Several things can happen to result in a 50.1 fuser error. First thing to check is the power source. Call HP or any other service and repair provider and they will recommend that you plug the machine straight into a wall outlet and to avoid power strips, surge arrest, and battery back ups. These machines use a lot of power. Plugging them into power strips with other devices can draw the voltage down throughout the circuit. While it might not affect other devices these machines have thermistors in them that measure the temperature of the fuser. If the temperature falls out of range the machine will throw you a 50.1 fuser error code. Second thing to check is the fuser itself. The fuser is easy to remove and replace so pull the fuser out and reseat it to verify that it’s properly seated. Third thing to try is just turning the machine off and back on to see if it comes up to its proper temperature. Sudden power outages are known to cause odd problems like this. Finally, turn the machine off and unplug it for 10 to 20 minutes. This allows the HP color laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800, and CP3505 to reach a cold state. This can clear out any error codes stuck in the machines memory and let it go through its normal start-up mode if it previously wasn’t.
HP 3600, 3800, CP3505 Fuser RM1-2763-020
1. Open the upper cover, and then squeeze the two blue fuser-locking levers to release the fuser.Rotate the fuser up and out of the printer.
Troubleshooting the HP Color Laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800, and CP3505 50.1 Fuser Error
2. Check that connector J6007 on the fuser is seated correctly. Replace the connector as necessary.
3. Turn off the printer.
4. Remove the fuser HP 3600, 3800, CP3505 Fuser RM1-2763-020
5. If there is no conduction in the main thermistor, measure the resistance between fuser connectors J6007LA-1 and J6007LA-3. If the resistance is not 100 kohms to 3 Mohms, replace the fuser.
6. If there is no conduction in the fuser heater, measure the resistance between fuser connectors J6007LAF-1 and J6007-2. If the resistance is not 5 ohms to 1 kohms (100 to 127 V) or 20 ohms to 1 kohms (220 to 240 V), replace the fuser.
7. Upgrade the DC controller firmware.
8. Replace the DC controller PCA.
Conclusion About the 50.1 fuser error in your HP Color Laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800, and CP3505
Alright, that’s all I have about the 50.1 fuser error in the HP color laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800, and CP3505. Hopefully by following the suggestions above you have been able to work through the 50.1 fuser error on your printer. Most the time, unfortunately, the fuser error will not clear itself and replacement of the fusing assembly will be needed. Above I gave the instructions on how to replace the fuser. Below I have provided a link to purchase one if necessary. good luck with the rest of your repairs. If you have any further questions about the 50.1 fuser error in your HP color laserjet 3000, 3600, 3800 and CP3505 feel free to email me anytime and I’ll help the best that I can.
Find well displayed printer parts diagrams at: http://www.printerworks.com/